- The innovative environment is equipped to host multiple courses and to allow several classes to run simultaneously within the same area.
- Stacked, rectangular spaces for formal learning are perched between the tree-lined Royal Parade and the System Garden.
- Fluid and warmer casual areas form a seamless natural link between the garden and formal learning spaces.
- The renewal of the Tin Alley / Royal Parade corner of the campus – with its own small café and casual gathering spots – extends the collaborative, ground-floor informal learning space.
- A symbolically-rich façade – featuring a series of coloured, textured fins and sunshades that convey the building’s purpose – link all the spaces in one cohesive whole.
The University of Melbourne
Mark Loughnan, Ben Duckworth, Sheree Proposch, Mark Roehrs, Mark Haycox, Michael Blancato, Jeroen Hagendoorn, Jacqui Low, Alex Sawicki, Daniel Yu, Ed Mitchell, Marine Rouanet, Sandra Forko, Jinoh Son, Hui Hui Ngu, Anthony Thevenon, Jerome Delauney, Christel Lecheaux, Heidi Sinclair, Larisa Mos, Richen Jin, Stephen Tan, Nikolas Kourtis, Meredith Dufour, Mary Papaioannou, Yoshi Kashima
“The building design, architecture and the resources available to students and lecturers are first class.”